Monday, June 27, 2011
#Sula - Twitter Book Club Discussion
Discussion questions from pages 1-29 (or 1919-1920):
1. Why does the "joke" of how the Bottom got started bring comfort?
2. Shadrack is only able to look at his hands after seeing his reflection. How is that significant?
3. Why was National Suicide Day accepted in Medallion? If you had a Shadrack in your neighborhood, would it have been accepted?
4. Why & how did the scene on the train change Nel (and her relationship with her mother)? Why did Helene smile?
5. Why did Nel's dream to leave Medallion die?