Tuesday, January 18, 2011

32 Day Writing Challenge - Day 18

Snow day? An unexpected snow day? Can you say so very grateful? I got a lot of rest today. That’s pretty much all I did was rest. And read. I should have written a poem but I didn’t even try. My poetic energy went to revising a poem that I eventually submit to Linebreak. They are doing a project called Two Weeks where they will put together an online anthology quickly. It sounded cool and I subscribe to them; I’d love to be a part of it.

I did manage to get out of the house for a short period and hit up the bookstore. I ran across a literary journal that I’ve never seen before. It’s called Alimentum: The Literature of Food. Sounds tasty, right? I flipped through it and ran across a poem called “Water Log” that was written by Ruth Polleys. It made me want to submit poems there. I’m going to look for them online and learn more about them. Good looking journal.

No comments: