Did you miss yesterday's questions? Click here.
Questions for Tuesday (from pages 7-10):
1. The stage directions for this poem mention dances like "the pony" and "the big boss line." Have you seen those dances before?
2. Why do you think the ladies aren't given names?
3. Was the lady in yellow's V status abnormal for 18 (in 1960s)?
4. How does Shange's spelling of certain words (i.e. cd for could) help/hinder your reading of the poem?
5. What made the lady in yellow feel grown? Do you agree with her?