Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Poetry Postcard Challenge - Day 1


It's time for another poetry challenge!


Poetry challenges are great because they generally force me to produce without giving my inner critic time to halt my creativity.


For this challenge, I will be required to write a poem for each day of August. The fun thing about this challenge is that you are required to write the poems on postcards and send them to other people participating in the challenge. How cool is that? Thirty-one instant poetry penpals. Thirty-one people who will actually read my poems. That's like being published, isn't it? Okay, not really, but still, it's pretty fantastic.


...and what makes it even awesom-er, is that I have a good excuse to buy postcards! I've already finished my first postcard poem, to the mailbox it goes.

No comments: