Friday, January 8, 2010

32 Day Writing Challenge - Day 8

Today was rough.
The snow was a tease.
She gave me a 2 hours delay and not a minute more.
Frustration is what she gave me.
Grateful. I know I should have been grateful for those 2 hours.
I was...but
I so could have used a mental health day
and my frustration didn't allow me to sleep soundly for those extra 2 hours.

**********************

Do you feel appreciated?

**********************

Ah, well, what am I on here to talk about? Nothing really. I'm too sleepy to write for my characters.

I played the new Wii Fit Plus earlier. The plan was to just look at some of the new features compared to the old version, but thirty minutes later I had burned 97 calories. It's fun and I hope if gives me a renewed interest in getting on the Wii regularly.

**********************

Started reading Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsten. It's a book that I'm reading with the class as part of the curriculum. Not a book I would have selected on my own, but I'm willing to give it a chance to grow on me. I'm about up to chapter 5 and it's alright. The main character, Cole Matthews is a young high school kid who has some anger issues because he has parents that are alcoholics and a father who beats him when he isn't sober. He's one of those, I'm-mad-at-the-world-and-the-world-is-going-to-pay type of cats.

***********************

I wonder what it's like to be a published author? Do you really need an MFA in order to publish?

2 comments:

Vizionheiry said...

Nope. W/ MFA or not, still need hustle to actually sell the work!

JMHO though

evelyn.n.alfred said...

Gosh I didn't even realize you left me a comment. It's funny, this year I feel a little different about M.F.A.'s