Thursday, October 22, 2009

Triolet Thursday - Triolet #11 (Writing Fairies)

Writing Fairies

Writing fairies, send me a writer's group.
Honestly, I'd rather have a mentor
apparently I am out of the loop.
Writing fairies, send me a writer's group
words grow stronger from working with a troop
pushing my poetry to the center.
Writing fairies, send me a writer's group
honestly, I'd rather have a mentor.

********************************************************************************
What is a triolet? Check the [corny] video I made on the original post if you need some explanation.

2 comments:

the prisoner's wife said...

ahhh, the triolet.

i'm not a formalist by any terms, but they help me when i have a hard time figuring out what to write.

oh, and good luck finding a writing group/mentor. i MISS not being in a workshop so much. it's HELPFUL!

(just posted a poetry podcast on my blog. check it out).
www.thissideofthewall.com

evelyn.n.alfred said...

Cool, so I'm not the only person who writes them.
I had a group that I used to write with from a workshop awhile back, but they met during the weekday at noon...so now that I'm working full-time I can't meet with them anymore. *sigh*
I'll stop by and see the podcast.