Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week - September 14-18


...so this week marks Book Blogger Appreciation Week.

I didn't even know there was such a thing, until recently. What a cool idea. I signed up to participate since I do review books on my blog, in between triolets, drooling over other author's words, and fictional stories of Maxwell.

Ways to participate vary. I've seen some book give away contests (which I will be signing up for). Interviewing a fellow book blogger is another way. I'm paired up with Martha Eskuchen from Martha's Bookshelf and here are the interview questions she asked me:

Why did you decide to participate in BBAW?
It seemed like it would be fun. I love reading books and talking about books and blogging about books.

How often do you post?
I wish I could post everyday, but it's usually about 3 times a week.

How many books do you read a year?
I complete 2-3 books a month, however I probably start 7 or more of them. The books that have the strongest characters, I'll read to the end...so my guess would be that I read at least 24 books in a year. This is not including the curriculum books I use for teaching.

Do you have a favorite genre?
Lately, I read Young Adult Fiction the most, that or African American Fiction...not sure if that's considered a genre...?

Name three of your favorite authors.
Jacqueline Woodson, Toni Morrison, and Zora Neale Hurston.

Name up to five books you would like to recommend to everyone else to read!
It's hard to narrow it down to just five, think of this list as the first five I might recommend.
1. Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson
2. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
3. The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
4. 47 by Walter Mosley
5. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

What are some of your favorite blogs?
I like a lot of blogs out there, but I would have to say I visit Color Online the most.

What is the number one thing you look for in a book?
Beauty.

** ** ** ** **

Happy Book Blogging!

4 comments:

Vizionheiry said...

Ok I forgive you for ranking anything above Ms. Morrison.

Color Online said...

Great interview, E.

I've four of your five! Thanks for the nod. You know that means a lot to me.

Bluestocking said...

NIce interview. It's lovely to meet you Martha. BBAW Interview with This That and the Other Thing

MarthaE said...

I was glad to get to know more about you Evelyn! I'll be looking for your Triolets!